Session Length: 2 – 4 Hours (dependent on the specifics of your organization)
Target Audience: All Leadership Positions
Often, after we hold the Forward Coaching session, we find that leadership teams are interested in the possibility of using metrics to better understand their teams as well as other aspects of their business, but aren’t sure what to measure or how to measure it.
Finding the right objectively measured pivot points to give you more leverage over your business isn’t an easy task, and it isn’t one that we can teach a ‘one size fits all’ course to address.
Instead, in this workshop, we sit down with your leadership team and dive deep into the details of your organization’s working parts. We’ll look at building a rough map of your most essential processes and seek out the best entry point for you to start measuring productivity.
In defining metrics, we focus on solutions that are Reliable, Actionable, Indicative, Light, and Scalable, keeping your business running along on smooth RAILS.
- Reliable – It’s important that we choose measurements that give us predictable results over a long enough period of time of be worth measuring.
- Actionable – If we choose metrics to track that are meaningful, but cannot be fully understood until the end of a process, we lose the ability to ever use those numbers to improve our system. Understanding is only half the battle, it’s important that we choose metrics that are agile and forward-looking enough to allow us to act on the data we gather.
- Indicative – It’s important that our data tools are actually measuring the part of the process we mean to measure. If you think you’re looking at a tire gauge when you are actually looking at a fuel gauge, your measurement won’t be very useful!
- Light – Any measurement tool or process needs to be easy for your people to implement. It never makes sense to ask people to spend more effort measuring their work than they are spending to do the work itself!
- Scalable – If we aren’t tracking any data about our process at all, it’s impossible to build a system on day one that tracks and gathers everything we want to understand about our entire business. Using metrics to run a business is a journey that can continue for the entire life of a business, especially if that business is growing and reacting to the world around it. Good metrics are scalable so that we can keep reaching further, gaining a deeper understanding of our business as we go.
After this session, you’ll have a better understanding of how to start building your own tools to keep your processes moving forward on the RAILS, so you can focus on leading your team.
What People are Saying
“Thoughtful programs that will yield very positive results to those who truly use these newly acquired skills. Engagement is always A++ with Jason and Mary.”
“Very engaging. Very knowledgeable!”
When Can We Get Started?
In order to set up your first session, email Jason@ArcadeWayfinding.com today!